Today I got sunburnt sailing with the Gentlemen and I launched my boat in shorts and bare feet. Tomorrow I expect to do the same and I probably won’t see the need to throw my transmitter cover in the car before I head for the lake. I may throw in some Factor 50 though.
Yesterday was the Spring Equinox and we are now in positive territory as far as the length of the day is concerned – the days will now be longer than the nights for the next six months. Bring on Summer.
But steady on – the approaching forecasts indicate a little conservatism is in order. Tomorrow’s going to be warm and sunny but there is a chance of a shower and a thunderstorm before the day is through and Saturday is showing all the signs of a front going through during the day. Especially if you are heading south for the South West Invitational at Knotting Hill and Bunbury on Sunday, it will be wet and cool and the wind will probably be coming from the wrong direction for most of the time. Such is winter and spring in hard border paradise.
So keep the waders handy, and the rain coat, for a bit longer yet. Bring your trannie cover on the weekend.
Thursday 24 September 2020: IOM and DF 95 Club Racing at Jackadder Lake, from 2.00 pm. Weather: Windy morning, possible late storm, Max 31, Mostly sunny morning. Slight (20%) chance of a shower or thunderstorm in the evening, most likely in the northwest. Winds easterly 25 to 40 km/h with gusts about the hills of 70 to 80 km/h possible during the morning.
Saturday 26 September 2020: IOM and DF 95 Club Handicap Racing, Heat 6 of the IOM Club Championships, at Jackadder Lake, from 2.00 pm. Weather: Showers, Max 21, Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening.
The forecasts for the southwest are similar for Saturday and Sunday, with mentions of light winds becoming norwesters on both days – I hope they suit the chosen venues …
We momentarily entertained the thought that club sailing might be at South Perth this Saturday – we have received a reply from the City of South Perth that indicates an Agreement is going to be drawn up but, before you all rush down there, our information is confusing and potentially expensive. We have requested clarification (it may just be a simple error that’s easy to fix) but, based on performance so far, it ain’t gonna be resolved before Saturday rolls around. So bring your Handicaps head to Jackadder as we have for the last two months.
How time flies when you’re having fun.